The winter mountaineering course is designed for those with some winter walking experience who want to increase their winter knowledge and progress to more challenging terrain where the use of a rope might be required.
Winter time offers great opportunities for developing navigation and mountain safety skills.
- Three full practical days in the mountains.
- Use and understanding of winter equipment.
- Movement skills.
- Use of ice axe.
- Use of crampons.
- Emergency snow shelters.
- Planning a mountain journey.
- Avalanche avoidance & snow analysis.
- Use of the rope in winter (winter belays and as a navigational tool).
Courses will start again in January 2020. Register your interest by dropping me an email: email@example.com